Yikes. I woke up, stumbled into the bathroom, and closed my left ring finger in the door.

OWWW.

I hope this doesn't happen to any of my readers. But, if it does, you can fill a small bowl with cold water, then float some ice cubes in it.

Thanks Sasha and Capybaras United for your comments on my last entry. I'll ask C for a recommendation after class this afternoon.

Last night at the Strand (bargain bookstore; you can get new reviewers' paperbacks for half price, which works out to $4.49 for YA books and $6.50 for adult), I got the following books:

Younger by Pamela Redmond Satran
Happiness Not Included by Libby Street
Faking 19 by Alyson Noel (YA)
The Principles of Love by Emily Franklin (YA, about boarding school; looks like a kinder, gentler "Prep." Which was a good book, by the way.)

Also in my reading pile:

Baggage Claim by David E. Talbert
Cold Feet (a short story collection from Downtown Press; the authors include Elise Juska, Heather Swain, etc.)
Late Bloomer by Melissa Pritchard (another half-price copy, from a few weeks ago. It doesn't look great. But it got named as one of the best books of the year by some newspaper or another.)
Holidays on Ice and Barrel Fever by David Sedaris (both from the library. I may be David Sedarised out, but I'll probably read them).
Something Blue by Emily Giffin (also from the library. The prequel, Something Borrowed, was awesome and highly recommended. Factoid: I had already decided to leave my law job, but a certain paragraph in Something Borrowed moved me to do it.)

La! So that is good. I'm currently reading The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. Though I think it's usually hard to write from the opposite sex's point of view, he does a pretty good job. Also, it's set in Botswana, which is exotic and interesting. And the mysteries she solves are fun. I am usually SO not a mystery reader but this is a cute, charming book. You might like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!