Great class with J tonight. She is the pregnant one; I will miss her when she goes. She's due in December.

Anyway, she mixed things up tonight by having us go into tree pose, then sliding the foot into half-lotus against the opposite hip. Then we leaned forward and touched the ground with our fingertips...foot still in half-lotus! Then we put both hands down and hopped back into a one-legged downward dog, foot still in half-lotus. Then you pop down into pigeon, and I got to do my favorite variation, when you lean back, catch the opposite foot in your elbow (knee bent), and clasp your hands together. It gives you a nice dancer-y arch in your back.

J is an awesome teacher. She used to dance with a company in Chicago, and has a very rigorous approach to yoga. She insists on absolute precision. Lately I've been sliding my shoulder forward when you do the knees-chest-chin thing before baby cobra, and she made sure I corrected it! Part of it is, at my other yoga center, we always lower through chatauranga and then do an upward dog, eschewing the knees-chest-chin altogether. So I could be out of practice with knees-chest-chin...or maybe I just like chatauranga and upward dog better :)

Comments

Lora said…
For some reason tree pose is extremely hard for me. I do have sciatic problems and I tend to think that my difficulties are related to that, alough I'm horrible with both sides.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!