100 things

I noticed a lot of folks have a list of 100 things about them on their blogs. Jurgen Nation, Jules, and Grown*Up Girlie, to be exact. So, without further ado:

1. I'm a lefty.
2. I'm the youngest of 4, and I was born 10 years after the next oldest.
3. I have twin sisters (identical twins).
4. I wrote a novel called Patricia Strom when I was 7. In it, the mother decided she wanted to have a baby. She gave birth that day. (I didn't know the facts of life yet.)
5. I was raised Catholic, but I married Jewish and I like Buddhism (or aspects of it; it can be depressing).
6. I had a Def Leppard song on my iPod for a while, but I deleted it. The song was "Photograph."
7. I own 200+ CDs and periodically "spring clean" my collection. The CDs that are out of favor are tucked in my closet.
8. For some reason, I feel very close to Tori Amos. I feel like she might be my third sister or something.
9. When I see pregnant women, I get envious. I think they look so curvy and glow-y.
10. I have dark hair and sometimes feel threatened by blondes.
11. I wear a size 8 shoe.
12. I wear a size 6 in most clothes, sometimes size 4.
13. I hate suits.
14. I was an English major in college.
15. I got married when I was 26; so did my mother. I met my husband when I was 23; so did my mother.
16. I got into every college I applied to.
17. I did not get into every law school I applied to.
18. I actually like ending sentences with prepositions.
19. I went to the Scripps Howard National Spelling Bee in 1989. I was eliminated when I spelled "impresario" with two s's. That's one word I won't forget.
20. I had a Cairn terrier whom I still miss. She lived from 1983-2001 and her name was Pepper.
21. I feel shy wearing a bikini around my family.
22. Math was my worst subject in school.
23. I write with a backhand slant.
24. I was a lawyer for eight months and a couple of weeks.
25. As a summer associate, I worked at the law firm that defended Martha Stewart.
26. My favorite actors are John Cusack and Colin Firth.
27. I love the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth.
28. My favorite scene in Love Actually is when the guy with sandy hair holds up a sign saying, "To me, you are perfect."
29. I love Molly Ringwald.
30. My brother is 6'3".
31. I'm 5'7". So is my mother.
32. I have dark brown eyes.
33. I like painting my toenails, but never my fingernails.
34. I had mono in 2001.
35. I like to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.
36. I go to yoga 3-5 times a week.
37. My favorite fruits: strawberries, apples, oranges, pears, watermelon.
38. I like blueberries best when they're mixed with other things.
39. I'm allergic to cats.
40. I wanted to be a vet when I was little, but decided this was a problem. See #39.
41. I grew up in Danvers, MA, population 25,000.
42. I currently live in New York City, population 7,000,000.
43. I think I was a mermaid in a past life.
44. I love dogs, especially small ones.
45. I'm vegetarian. Sometimes I go vegan for a few days.
46. Angelica Kitchen is one of my favorite restaurants.
47. For a while in college, my roommate and I liked the same guy.
48. I lost my virginity to someone I worked with.
49. I never wear earrings.
50. I sometimes wear bracelets.
51. I like to buy Betsey Johnson dresses on eBay, and wear them to weddings.
52. I'm always careful to make sure I don't run out of books.
53. I learned to read when I was 3. My father tested me by having me read a passage from Time.
54. I failed algebra in junior high.
55. I was valedictorian of my high school class.
56. I went to Brown and I want my kids to go there (if I have any).
57. I kind of don't want to be pregnant twice, though my husband thinks two kids would be nice (when we get around to it).
58. During junior year of college, I gained weight because I ate a lot of pizza bites at a nearby snack bar. I lost it thereafter.
59. I own 9 '80s compilations on CD.
60. I know the lyrics to most '80s songs.
61. "Tenderness" by General Public is one of my favorite '80s songs.
62. Napoleon Dynamite is one of my favorite movies.
63. I'm partial to books with pink covers.
64. I came to New York City for the first time when I was 20. I saw Hamlet with my mother on Broadway. Ralph Fiennes had the lead role.
65. I was following the Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie/Jennifer Aniston triangle. I think Jennifer is cuter, but Angelina is probably more interesting.
66. I have a pink iPod.
67. My astrological sign is Cancer but I prefer "moon children" - no disease connotation.
68. I like Belle & Sebastian.
69. I like the Indigo Girls' latest CD better than their earlier ones. It's called All That We Let In.
70. I'm an ENFP.
71. My father died when I was 18, but I never talk about it.
72. I own a lot of cookbooks.
73. I like introverts a lot.
74. I really want to become a yoga teacher.
75. I'm working on a novel.
76. It would be really hard for me to pick a favorite book.
77. Once in college, my roommate and I deliberately messed up our room. We were both tidy and thought it would be fun to create some chaos.
78. I wish my college roommate lived in New York. But she lives in D.C.
79. I like Audrey Hepburn, but I don't like Jennifer Love Hewitt and I was annoyed when Jennifer played the role of Audrey in a TV movie. (I didn't watch it.)
80. My favorite John Cusack movie is Say Anything.
81. My favorite color is pink.
82. I have a T-shirt that says "Cowboys make better lovers."
83. People have told me that I look like Katie Holmes, Faye Dunaway, Jennifer Jones (an older guy said that), Natalie Portman and Alanis Morissette. I was not happy about the last one. I'm not sure any of the above are accurate, but I was flattered by the Katie and Natalie comparisons.
84. I tend to obsess about things.
85. I'm a hopeless romantic.
86. After my dog died, my mom gave me a stuffed animal that looks like her. The stuffed animal's name is Pepper II and has Pepper I's red bandanna around its neck.
87. I don't want to work in the corporate world again.
88. I think everyone should go to Texas at least once, so they can see things like "chicken-fried steak" and the blue flowers that grow by the highway.
89. I used to fantasize about opening a restaurant. One of my neighbors in my hometown said she would make tomato sauce for my restaurant.
90. I liked fourth grade a lot.
91. I love chick lit.
92. I liked Anna Karenina better than War and Peace.
93. I hated The Brothers Karamazov.
94. I hated Mona Simpson's book Anywhere But Here. After reading a scene of child molestation in this book, I threw it down the garbage chute in my building.
95. I love San Francisco.
96. In San Francisco, I love the restaurant Mama's on Washington Square. I like to get the banana bread French toast there.
97. I like South Beach, although I get insecure there sometimes because everyone has breast implants. But I don't really like the way breast implants look, so it doesn't really make sense.
98. On one ring finger, I wear my diamond engagement ring and wedding ring. On my other ring finger, I wear a $15 silver ring I bought at a mall in St. Louis.
99. I never wear a watch.
100. I like yellow roses.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bearette24! I love this list on so many levels!
1) It's absolutely lovely to learn all these thigs about you as I love you so
2) I found thoroughly interesting to read from a purely literary perspective
and
3) I also found your list inspirational in a "getting down the the details of who you are" kind of way and will do a list like this myslef in the near future. (I'll wait a couple days so as not to be a totally annoying 'copy-everything-off-my-blog-why-don't-you ' kind of person. :-)
T
Anonymous said…
Must have felt like a meditation to write it all out, no?
Bearette said…
Thank you, T! Please feel free to do your list right away...it won't be copying as of course your items will be different :)

It was kind of meditative. It was hard at first and then got easier by #100.

((hugs))
Anonymous said…
Wonderful! I have been trying to finish a list like this. It's taken me two months to get to #27. Kind of like the Bill Clinton CDs.

Ditto on numbers 33, 44, 72, 76, 84, 85, and 95.
Anonymous said…
i stopped at # 1, because i too am a lefty!

now, back to the list...
Bearette said…
:) Yay! L & L, I'm glad you liked it. You should definitely do lists of your own! It was hard at first but by #100, you're in the groove (like the Madonna song).

Carpe, I expect you to do one too, even though you haven't updated your blog in a while ;) I think da Vinci and Michelangelo were lefties too.
Bearette said…
Liz, I just checked all your "dittos". I'm glad I'm not the only obsesser :) I'm trying to get over it though.
Bridget Unnel said…
"12. I wear a size 6 in most clothes, sometimes size 4."

Damn, and I was so ready to like you. ;)
Bearette said…
I really have to work to stay in those 6s though. And I've never worn a 2, unlike many women in this fair city.
Bearette said…
And I gave my size 4 jeans to Salvation Army b/c I didn't want to feel pressure to stay in them. They were always a bit tight.
bdogg_mcgee said…
Wow! You and I have a lot in common! I'm going to have to start working on my list....

Incidentally, when I was in the fifth grade, I had a pen pal from Danvers, MA--she was the same age as me (I'm 28) and we corresponded for about a year or so. How funny!
bdogg_mcgee said…
OMG--one more thing:

I absolutely refused to watch Jennifer Love Hewitt in the story of Audrey Hepburn's life. To profane such a wonderful, talented woman by having the chick from Party of Five and Kids Incorporated play her? Hell no!
Bearette said…
I totally agree...I guess no one watched it though :)

I wonder if I knew your pen pal? I guess probably not b/c she would have been 1-2 years younger than me (depending on when her birthday is).
bdogg_mcgee said…
Her name was Emily Maloy--you probably didn't know her, but that's her name in case you might! :)
Bearette said…
OMG, she was one of my friends. She's petite with red hair.

I lost track of her after high school graduation. She went to Haverford, I know, but I don't know what happened next.

We went to her prom together in a group...I went with a guy from her year.

I can't believe this!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!