Fantastic Mr. Fox


When we went to Danvers this weekend, I dug up my copy of Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl so D could read it. I have a really yummy edition. I think I read it when I was 7. It has super line drawings of foxes and a really nice cover with a fox wearing a red jacket and green breeches. (They look fancier than regular pants.) So D wanted me to post this paragraph to my blog:

Then Mrs. Fox got shyly to her feet and said, "I don't want to make a speech. I just want to say one thing, and it is this: MY HUSBAND IS A FANTASTIC FOX." Everyone clapped and cheered.

-- Fantastic Mr. Fox, p. 76

Yay!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have I ever told you about my favorite animal book? It's called Deneki, the Alaskan moose. It's sad and its beautiful, and it reminds me of Mr. Fox, except that Deneki doesn't talk. Frog and Toad talk, though. They have good books, too.
Anonymous said…
There's an interesting article on Dahl in the New Yorker this week. It's mostly about why parents tend to think he's creepy. I'd love to know what you think if you read it.

And btw I love the fox photo :-)
Bearette said…
He can definitely be creepy. He wrote one about witches that was pretty ghoulish. I like his books though. I could almost taste the chocolate when i read about the factory...

And Allen, I will have to check out Deneki! I hope it is not too sad though.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!