I was up until 7:47 am (or at least that was when I shut my computer). I couldn't sleep. There was nothing pressing on my mind, I just couldn't do it. So I went out in the living room and read What Would Buddha Do?, a library book that tries to relate the Buddha's teachings to contemporary situations. Buddha, for example, was against dieting :)

I thought one of the most interesting things in the book was the idea that we have all been reincarnated so many times that everyone has been your mother or father at least once. The practical point of this is that when you really can't stand someone, you try to reciprocate the love they gave you as a parent.

Anyway, I also dog-eared the pages with good recipes in Passionate Vegetarian by Crescent Dragonwagon. The cookbook is quite big and frankly a little overwhelming, so if anyone has it and has favorite recipes in it, feel free to let me know :)

Another interesting thing in the Buddha book was that you should stop talking when you're angry, and not talk again until it's passed. I guess this could save a lot of fights.

On the yoga application front, J is going to give me her recommendation Tuesday night, when I go to her class, and my friend AT already gave me a very nice recommendation. So I'll pass in the application, complete, on Wednesday. If C remembers to pass in my recommendation, then I'll have three. I feel like asking C may have been a mistake because (a) I don't know her that well, (b) she doesn't know me that well, (c) she never responded to the email about why I want to be a yoga teacher (an email that she asked me to send), and (d) she got a sub for her Wednesday class last week, so I couldn't check in with her to make sure she got the email. So, it seemed like a potential disaster area and I'm glad I can pass in the application before I go to San Fran on August 1st.


Comments

Kim said…
Buddah was against dieting? I think I just became a Buddhist. Though, you see the belly he has on him? Maybe not.
Anonymous said…
I went to a cooking class taught by Crescent, and it was so cool! I bought her book there, and she signed it for me. I've tried: Oven Roasted Shiitake Mushrooms with Garlic and Coarse Salt (sooo good, and a nice pizza topping), Salad of Tender Greens with Sweet-Peppery Blackberry Vinaigrette (Crescent made this, and it was amazing), Moroccan Carrot Salad (this is awesome, I need to make it again soon), Artichoke and Lima Bean Ragout in Lemon Garlic Sauce (Crescent made this one), ÇD's Favorite Greek Pizza (delicious), Quick Yeasted Pizza Dough (my basic dough recipe, though I don't use a food processor), Iced Herbal Cooler (yummy), Dal (eh), Sugar Glazed Peas with Radishes (perfect), Cabbage T'horin (pretty good), Skillet Seared Fennel (yum), Neo-Traditional Falafel (very, very good, and the salad is yum), Tortellini with Mushrooms and Peas (good), Shocking Pasta (too pink for me), and Blueberry Crisp (ohmyga). Whoa! Sorry for the super-long comment!
Bearette said…
Thanks Crystal, that's great :) I want to try the Shocking Pasta. Did it taste good, aside from being too pink? The idea of beets and pasta is intriguing...and weird ;)

I'm not surprised that the dal was eh. I love Indian food but I'm not a big dal fan.

I wonder if Crescent Dragonwagon is her birth name?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!