I'm so tired, but full


Here is a picture of our dinner, courtesy of poco-cocoa:

This is one of those "what's not to like?" dinners. It would never have occurred to me to mix cottage cheese into marinara sauce, but I was very pleased with the results :) I used Light 'n' Lively cottage cheese, which is D's favorite kind.

I'm so tired, I'm almost delirious. But I don't know when I'll be able to fall asleep. Any other insomniacs out there? I'd try sleeping pills, but I'm afraid I'd be like, "Whoops, I forgot I took 5 of these earlier." Plus I would definitely get addicted.

Interestingly, Benadryl (allergy medicine) is the same chemically as most sleeping pills, according to my sister-in-law's father (he's a doctor).

I'm reading The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella, and enjoying it a lot. It has a cheerful yellow cover. For those of you who don't know Sophie, she wrote the Shopaholic series. Every book she writes is a bestseller.

I turned on my cell phone today and there was a message from my college roomie. I was relieved because I hadn't heard from her on my birthday and she usually calls or emails then. She's sending me some books! I'll call her back when I'm more coherent.

Comments

Lora said…
Try melatonin. It's effets are subtle. but it works. I'm a long time insomniac myself.
Anonymous said…
the lasagna looks good and easy to boot! when it cools down out, i'll have to give it a go.

extra strength unisom gels are different from the Other, benadryl based sleep aids like nytol and sominex. you take 1 liqui-gel about 2 hours before you go to bed. they work, but the downside is they do give you a groggy feeling when you awaken.

some people swear by valerian root also. sadly, i havent had any luck with natural sleep aids...good luck!
Bearette said…
Yay! I will check out melatonin and unisom. Thanks :)
Bearette said…
Dearest Capybaras, it had cottage cheese...not ricotta ;)
Anonymous said…
Hooray! I'm so glad you tried it! It's a super-easy, super-quick dish that will get you through a tough evening...
Anonymous said…
Oops. I take Benny all the time. I'll try the melatonin.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!