I just came back from a bike ride, in a much better mood than when I left. My tummy was hurting before (inexplicably, after a peanut sauce-veggie-tofu-rice dinner). I was also dreading an obligation I have this weekend. Now I realize it's probably not a big deal. I'll go, deal with it and come home.

And Saturday I can have some fun. D and I saw the preview for "Must Love Dogs" (starring John Cusack and Diane Lane). He refused to see it after a scene in the preview that shows some middle-aged women kicking up their heels to an oldies song. It didn't bother me. Anyway, my friend T from New Jersey agreed to see it. She may bring her friend A along. A is getting his Ph.D. at Brown, which is where I met T, back when I was 21 and she was 19. She lived on my floor senior year. We used to eat cereal in the hallway.

We'll go to brunch beforehand. A weighty question: should we go to Tick Tock Diner or Bright Food Shop? Tick Tock Diner is cheap and easy (like your mother ;) Bright Food Shop takes a long time and is more expensive. BUT they have delicious strawberry pecan pancakes that I can get more excited about than the Tick Tock Diner fare. Stay tuned.

When I got back from my bike ride (which was rat-free, and the air had cooled off nicely), I found D's New Yorker in the mailbox. There is no Malcolm Gladwell article (that's the reason D subscribes), but there is a piece by David Sedaris. I realize I have read all of David Sedaris's books at this point. I think Naked and Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim are his best books.

I'm currently reading The Bad Mother's Handbook by Kate Long. It's quite good. It's one of those multi-generational sagas, but quick and quirky instead of slow and draggy. I'm really enjoying it, but I don't want to give away any of the plot points. It's her first novel, but you can't tell.

Yay! Have a good night.

Comments

Bearette said…
Silly Capybara, Bananarama doesn't exist.

Miracle Grill might be a good idea.

I don't think Big Booty serves a real sit-down brunch. They just have croissants and stuff like that.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!