Yeah, I'm addicted to this thing. 3 posts a day is a lot even for me. It's also a handy procrastination tool before I write fiction. But I WILL work some more on my book. So there.

We went to Regional Thai tonight with P. This is the restaurant where they always play George Michael ("Careless Whisper" is a favorite) and none of the waiters are straight. I had salad, steamed veggies with peanut sauce, and shared a dessert with D. These were little crispy banana rolls with honey-coconut sauce. Quite good. During dinner, conversation focused on P's mother and her gravelly voice; a girl we all know named Ferret, whom P claims is an honest-to-God witch of the drinking-babies'-blood type ("not to be confused with Wiccan or neo-Pagans," he said); and P's upcoming stint at Birkbeck College in London.

It must be noted that the men's room was much nicer at this place than the women's room.

D got some John Grisham books in the mail. The newest one, The Chamber, is sitting on the credenza, radiating bad vibes. I don't like law and I don't like John Grisham.

Question: who do you think is more attractive, Katie Holmes or Kirsten Dunst? The question came up at dinner while we were discussing the relative merits of the Spiderman and Batman movies.

Bearette24: Katie Holmes.
P: Kirsten Dunst.

Thoughts?

And again, what happened to Chris O'Donnell? He's on the cover of the John Grisham book.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Holmes and Dunst are a couple of little sissy schoolgirls. Bring on Kate Beckinsale! Who is not only more attractive than both, but could kick both their asses while blindfolded.

--Lobo
Liz said…
kirsten dunst, pre-spider man.

no, wait! pre-crazy/beautiful.

no, wait! pre-bring it on.

no, wait! i don't think i've actually seen a film i liked with kirsten dunst, with the exception of the virgin suicides. and fifteen and pregnant, and that's only because i'm addicted to the lifetime movie network.

katie holmes is mildly attractive, but she has a really terrible voice. she sounds like her tongue has been sewn into her mouth, or something.
Anonymous said…
Sorry I can't comment on your poll as I don't know what Kirsten Dunst looks like. (I know the arts police will fault me, but I am frequently faulted by the arts police.)
I think it's cool too that you can get bad vibes from a book. (And I *like* law but have always thought I wouldn't like Grisham.)
Anonymous said…
Question: who do you think is more attractive, Katie Holmes or Kirsten Dunst?

Answer: Hugh Jackman (i watched x men last night...again)
Anonymous said…
Kate Beckinsale + Hugh Jackman + ridiculous special effects = Van Helsing. Yeah baby!

--Lobo

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!