What the heck, I'll do another food entry. D and I went to Angelica Kitchen for dinner. Hopefully I will get the cookbook for my birthday. Some of the recipes in it use hard-to-find ingredients, like amaranth, while others are less exotic.

Anyway, dinner was delicious. We both got the Masala Ringwald special (hehe). I am a huge Molly Ringwald fan. The other special was called the Raab Lowe because it contained broccoli raab. I guess they were in an '80s Brat Pack mood :) Which is fine by me 'cause I love my Brat Pack. I heard Molly Ringwald, Jon Cryer, etc. might reunite to make a sequel to Pretty in Pink. Which would make my world ;)

The dinner consisted of a little container of dal (nicely spiced lentils), a cucumber salad with what tasted like a yogurt dressing (but it couldn't have been, because this place is vegan), a little container of perfectly cooked veggies including tender zucchini and sweet corn, and a little pile of rice. We also had little helpings of cauliflower soup with sorrel. D scraped out his sorrel. Then we shared a banana split with peanuts, served in a parfait glass. I liked this better than the usual banana split presentation.

I wonder if we will ever move to San Fran. D talks about coast sharing, but I don't think that's really practical. Our apartment is a steal by NY standards, but it would still be expensive to maintain two apartments. And if the yoga thing works out, I'll have a job (beyond writing). I'm totally open to visiting San Fran every year or something. And maybe moving there someday. But all our relatives are on the east coast. Also, everyone we know who moved to San Fran has moved back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!