Batman Begins

Don't see it. I regretted the loss of 2 1/2 hours of my life. D wanted me to point out that "my male companions enjoyed it," but I can't account for their taste. The New Yorker hit the nail on the head when they said it was overdone, underfelt and hard to sit through.

One of the worst things about the movie, aside from the script full of platitudes and cliches, was the action sequences. They were all filmed in extreme closeup so that the action was blurry. It's one of those movies that would give you a headache if you're sitting in the first five rows. I won't even mention the acting, character development or lack thereof, etc., etc. Michael Caine was OK but was pretty much wasted on this movie.

Anyway, Mike and IG (Ikea-loving Harvard Business School grad ;) went to Stone Cold Creamery afterward. That place freaks me out! It's in the middle of Times Square, the one part of New York I could definitely do without. The pictures of ice cream on the sign looked like brown glop. Inside, the employees and customers were chanting. It reminded me of a Satanic cult. It was straight out of Rosemary's Baby.

On the bright side, The Wedding Crashers looks funny and I can't wait to see Must Love Dogs. I'm a diehard John Cusack fan...he's never in a bad movie. Also, I read the book by Claire Cook and dug it. Also, Batman Begins made me appreciate my life more. I was really grateful to get out of there. The movie kept teasing me with false endings!

At one point, my brain was wandering to people who starred in former Batman movies...whatever happened to Chris O'Donnell, for example? And the ending of this movie made it clear that the Joker will be making an appearance in sequels...I don't think they can live up to Jack Nicholson's portrayal in the earlier movie.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i guess it is a guy flick, all the women i work with did not dig it. your review will ensure this movie is a renter for me though!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!