D and I went to El Quijote tonight - a Spanish place in our neighborhood. We were going to go to Jackson Diner in Queens, but it's a long trip and he didn't get home from work until 8. :( So I suggested El Quijote. I got in a good workout before dinner.

We had vegetable, bean and rice paella. Pretty much rice with peas, white asparagus (I firmly believe asparagus should only be green), broccoli and black beans. So, pretty healthy, right? I ate a little more than I wanted to though.

Afterward we stopped by Barnes & Noble and I bought a couple books..."Cold Feet," which is a chick lit short story collection, and "Baggage Claim", chick lit written by an African-American man. (See also: Eric Jerome Dickey. I am a fan.)

I also received two books from R, the owner of chicklitbooks.com, in the mail. She sent them to me to review for her site. Yay! She gauged my taste pretty well and sent me two good-looking books (you know, they look like they'll be good to read, though I guess they're physically attractive as well). One is called "The Food of Love" by Anthony Capella and it's pretty good so far. It was reviewed positively by the New York Times Book Review, People and Entertainment Weekly (a nice combination, indicating readability and some substance). My only gripe: the heroine that everyone is into is blonde. I always prefer a brunette or redhead protagonist ;)

Rather than seem completely anti-blonditarian, however, I will say that Drew Barrymore is one of my favorite actresses. And I liked the movie Clueless a lot.

Reese Witherspoon, though...ugh. She could cut glass with that chin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!