Yay! Well, I turned 30, and it doesn't feel too bad. I woke up before D and went out to the kitchen to mix together some yogurt, strawberries, blueberries and maple syrup for breakfast. Many of our stuffed animals were sitting on the kitchen chairs - a large teddy bear named Muffin, Elmo, Grover, and a small biscuit-colored dog he won at the Jersey Shore one year :) The table was scattered with presents, including some from his parents. I saw his mother's handwriting, "Please open immediately :) " on a UPS box off to the side. He must have set it all up before he went to bed.

I think it is true, 29 is worse than 30.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You're quite right; 30 is much better. And you'll enjoy it more because you had the sense to jump ship and go after the career you wanted before you got there. Kudos!

(Kudos too to D. for being what sounds like and awesome birthday guy.)

And do tell what was in the open immediately package. Was if alive perishable or both?
Anonymous said…
PS is there any function on this thing that allows one to clean up one's typos after the fact. I'm typo challenged. (Hope prev. message was still understood.) :-)
Anonymous said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

29 was the only painful bday i've experienced! of course, i haven't started 50th year therapy...yet.
Janet said…
Hey! Happy Birthday!
Liz said…
happy birthday!
Reighnie said…
Happy 30th!

How you have the best birthday yet!
Bearette said…
Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone :)

I'm starting to get used to being 30...
Bearette said…
Oh, and T, it was nothing alive or perishable, no puppies, alas...just a pink tote bag and a cookbook.
Reighnie said…
I'm glad to hear that 30 is not so bad. Sean keeps teasing me because I will be 30 next year...so far 29 has been good and bad.

I'd say it's been the hardest but I guess it's because I'm trying to squeeze in all that stuff I wanted done before I turn 30.

Have you had those quiet moments where you say to yourself, "OMG, I'm [insert number here]!)"?

It always amazes me that I've made it this far. lol
Bearette said…
Definitely. I'm getting used to it though. I spent most of 29 dreading 30, and now it's here, it's kind of a relief ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!