We had a very nice second day in Danvers. The pace of life is much slower here (including the internet connection), so I'll put up pictures tomorrow. We went to my sister's house in Bridgewater, splashed around in the pool with my niece and 4 nephews, and devoured chocolate cake with white roses. My mom gave me a teddy bear that was holding a little book entitled "The Joys of Being 30 by Bearette24", except she put my real name of course :)

My presents included two funky bracelets, a set of wind chimes shaped (loosely) like fish, a plaque that said "Put on your big girl panties and get over it!" (from one of my sisters, as a joke; I guess she was referring to my semi-angst over turning 30). Several cookbooks and books were sent to me via Amazon. Back in NYC, D gave me a cookbook by Crescent Dragonwagon (that's the author's name!) and several mysteries by Alexander McCall Smith.

There's no Target in Manhattan, but there's one in Danvers. We went there to get D a bathing suit because he forgot his in New York. He also got a Pac-Man T-shirt (selected by me). There was a silly T-shirt that said "Life's good when you have a big banana!" and it showed a smiling monkey with a banana. I got 2 cheap books there...their titles have escaped me. One is about two red-haired twins who solve mysteries in Beverly Hills. It's the first in a planned trilogy.

My niece likes John Stamos and has been watching bunches of Full House reruns. She also likes Manny Ramirez (Red Sox), and built a bear in his likeness at Build a Bear (the site of many kids' birthday parties around here). In the pool, she asked me, "Why do you have to live so far away?" Hopefully as she gets older it will be easier for her to come to New York. She's only 9.

My oldest nephew's voice has changed...hard to get used to! He's playing football, which I think is a good outlet for him.

Comments

Lora said…
John Stamos? I think I had a pinup of him when I was 15 along with Ralph Maccio(sp?) and Rob Lowe.
Anonymous said…
Happy birthday! It sounds like you and David had lots of fun. And the monkey t-shirt sounds very funny, too.
Lora said…
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you for a cooking meme. Of course, no obligation of course to play, but I thought you would embrace the opportunity to blog about food.
Bearette said…
Thanks Lora :) I didn't get to check out your blog on my super-slow Internet connection, but now I am back in the land of DSL, and looking forward to memeing.
Bearette said…
I remember Ralph Macchio. The Karate Kid!
If you take the 1 train to 225th Street, you'll find a Target, or you could go to the one in Brooklyn.
Bearette said…
Thanks Elizabeth! I like their T-shirts and books.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!