Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

We saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tonight. 2 movies in one day! It was better than I expected, given that some folks fell asleep during it. We both gave it a B+.

I always think of The Fantastic Mr. Fox as my favorite Roald Dahl book, but I'd forgotten about the enticing weirdness of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The whole movie was like an acid trip, or what I would assume an acid trip is like...I've never had one. All these bright Technicolor dragon boats and prancing Oompa Loompas. The Oompa Loompas kind of steal the movie. Their first three musical numbers are the best, while the last is a throwaway. They gave the movie a Bollywood feel.

We had dinner at La Chinita Linda beforehand. I got fried plantains and broccoli with garlic sauce. Very good. My fortune cookie said, "The star of riches is shining upon you." When I read it to D, he thought I said "tower of bitches." I guess I need to enunciate better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!