Pasta salad with pesto

I know I have already posted 5,000 times today, but Lora left a comment about her basil plant so I thought I'd share this recipe with y'all. I got it from my sister.

1/2 lb. penne or pasta shells
12 cherry tomatoes

pesto sauce:
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c. pine nuts or walnuts
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. fresh basil leaves
3/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. romano cheese

Place oil, nuts, garlic and salt in a blender or a food processor. Process until nuts and garlic are finely chopped. Add basil and process until finely chopped. Stir in the cheese.

Comments

Lora said…
Looks yummy!
Bearette said…
I just made it for dinner, and it really was :) I substituted grape tomatoes for the cherry tomatoes.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!