A groovy day (and my review of Must Love Dogs)

Well, T and I went to see Must Love Dogs today and we had a great time. We went to Tick Tock Diner beforehand. I was a little late because of an anxious call from my mother-in-law about tomorrow's shower ("Yes, it's all worked out, I'm taking the 12:14 train." New Jersey Transit, in case you were wondering).

Anyway, Tick Tock Diner was a pleasant surprise. I had chosen it because it is close to Port Authority, where T was coming from. It's also close to a movie theater. So imagine my surprise when the pancakes were actually good! More than good! Yummy. I had Granny's pancakes (apples, raisins, walnuts) and T had the "banana upside down", which were really just banana pancakes. We got 3 pancakes each and we swapped one of mine for one of hers.

T is 27 but got carded buying a lottery ticket! It's because she's so petite (5'2" and 101 lbs).

And the movie was really good! I gave it an A, T gave it a B. At first John Cusack and Diane Lane had a suspicious lack of chemistry. But then they got more comfortable with each other. There was also a kind of realistic scene, the kind you seldom see in movies, where 2 people had no condoms. They had to drive all over the place, most of the drugstores were closed, and by the time they got that little box...they weren't in the mood. In movies everything seems to go smoothly in that department so it was kind of fun to see that scene.

Dermot Mulroney looked good but was such a slimeball. Stockard Channing was pretty funny (Rizzo from "Grease") but she looks much, much better as a brunette. Elizabeth Perkins also made an appearance (I liked her in "Big").

Some girl a row in front of us kept laughing and gasping in between, e.g., "Hehehehehe aaaaah hehehehehe." This made the girl next to me start laughing uncontrollably. I was giggling too.

The previews looked good also. There was one for "Prime", with Meryl Streep as a therapist and Uma Thurman as her patient. Uma tells Meryl all these intimate details about her sex life, then it turns out Uma is dating Meryl's son, who was kind of cute. Oopsie.

Then there was a preview for a movie with Mark Ruffalo (who I like) and Jennifer Aniston. Mena Suvari was also in it. She never seems to branch out beyond bimbo roles. But it looked good.

After I walked T to Port Authority, I walked back and mulled a bit about my city. I have mixed feelings about New York. It gets too hot in August, but sometimes I love the chaos that is Manhattan. Sometimes I want to be someplace calmer.

But all in all, it was a super day.

Comments

bdogg_mcgee said…
I'm glad you enjoyed it! I thought the boat scene was a little corny, but I enjoyed it all the same. And I agree, the movie with Mark Ruffalo and Jennifer Aniston looks awesome!
Bearette said…
I loved the boat scene...I'm such a cheesy romantic. Mark Ruffalo is such a cutie! :)

I liked him in "13 Going on 30."

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!