Haircut

I'm ashamed to admit that I have not had my hair cut since August 2004. So, when I found that the library was closed today and I couldn't return my books (and D's Clear and Present Danger, on CD), I decided to walk a block from the library and get my hair cut.

I hate getting my hair cut because

a) I worked with a woman who used to be a hairdresser and she told me they all secretly want to cut off your ears (I guess it would make their job easier for them),

b) they always cut off more than I want,

and

c) why pay someone to take something away? I am still wrestling with this piece of illogic.

Anyway, I succumbed to the scissors. I told her only an inch. Then she said, "It has been so long since you got your hair cut...the ends are so dry...I leave it as long as possible."

In the middle of the cut, she had a cell phone conversation in another language (I think Portuguese). I got annoyed, which I tried to convey through body language, and she said, "Oh, I am sorry," and got off. She explained, "That was my daughter. She call every morning, she say 'Good morning.'"

:)

Also, her daughter is looking for a job.

So thankfully my hair is still longer than shoulder length. When my hair is shorter than shoulder length, I look like a mom. Hopefully the kind from a Lifetime movie that's up to no good :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
hopefully not a soccer mom!
Bearette said…
never! and the mom thing *only* happens when my hair is short.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!