D got up at 1 pm today! He went to bed at 6:30 am though. He was working on some software design project and went to the living room when I went to sleep.

I went to the library today and got 2 books: TTYL by Lauren Myracle (fun last name) and The Dating Diaries by Kristen Kemp. Both are YA. Maybe I am still a teenager inside.

I made this for lunch (D and I ate it out of a bowl):

Capellini with Tomato Pesto (from Jeanne Lemlin's Quick Vegetarian Pleasures)

1/3 c. pine nuts
1 6-oz can good-quality tomato paste (I like Glen Muir, it's organic and good)
1/2 c. minced fresh parsley
1/4 c. finely chopped fresh basil, or 2 tsp dried
1/2 c. olive oil (I just use 3 capfuls of oil instead)
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 to 1 lb. capellini (this is the same as angel hair pasta. I like to use a smaller amount of pasta because then there's more sauce to go around).

1. Lightly toast the pine nuts in a 350 F. oven until golden, about 5 minutes.
2. To make the sauce, combine the pine nuts with all the remaining ingredients except the pasta in a large bowl.
3. Bring a 6-qt pot of water to boil (you can use a smaller pan if you're using less pasta). Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Before draining the pasta, beat 2 Tbsp of the boiling pasta water into the sauce. Drain the pasta and mix it with the sauce. Serve immediately.

Comments

Anonymous said…
the tomato pesto sounds really good, and really easy!
bdogg_mcgee said…
I love reading YA fiction--especially those super-cheesy Sunfire romances that were published in the 80's. I go to a place here in Dallas called Half Price Books and scour the YA section for cheesy books. They are a nice break from when I feel like I can't read another huge medieval historical fiction book!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!