Tonight we went to Lasagna for dinner. The waitress was well-trained in upselling techniques and tried to foist bottled water, salads, appetizers, drinks and desserts on us. It was unsubtle. However, next time D will say no to her so I don't have to be the baddy. The lasagna itself was good (lasagna primavera) but I felt like she was going to spit on it because I said no to all the upselling techniques. D said I was very nice about it. But next time he can say no to them :)

Then we went to see Wedding Crashers, which was really good. Seriously. It was one of the best movies I'd seen in a while. It had some gratuitous nudity and violence that I wasn't thrilled about, but it had good, snappy dialogue and humorous situations. Also, Rachel McAdams comes across as a smart actress. Owen Wilson has the good-hearted scoundrel schtick down to an art. Vince Vaughn is less appealing, but he was funny and was a refreshing change of pace because Ben Stiller is usually Owen's sidekick. There was also a surprise cameo from a fun, freaky actor (I won't spoil it).

Among the previews, there was a Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo sequel (it looked awful, recycled jokes, tasteless, etc.) and a movie called The 40-Year-Old Virgin which actually looked good. Let me explain. It had that guy from Anchorman who says, "I ate a large red candle". He stars in the American version of The Office (I know, no one watched it, I only saw a couple of episodes because Tuesday night I have yoga with J). If you know his name, feel free to jump in :) Anyway, it looked entertaining and that guy who was Alicia Silverstone's stepbrother in Clueless is in it too. Paul Rudd.

After the movie we went to Barnes & Noble so D could pick up his reserved copy of Harry Potter. The line snaked around the block (and then there was another line for the poor souls who didn't reserve). I got a good picture of a wizard inside the store.

Comments

Liz said…
Yea, that wizardy guy is kind of creepy.

Once at a restaurant in Houston, we got charged $40 for WATER. They apparently had been serving us some fancy h2o, without even asking if we wanted "premier" water as opposed to tap/filtered (they just asked if we wanted water!). A week later there was an article in the newspaper on how some local restaurants had been pulling the water scam on customers.

$40 for WATER! ajklfdkjlsdfakj;l;asdfjk

Cheeky bastards.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!