Shower

Don't you love it when things turn out better than you expect? I went to a wedding shower today. I was secretly dreading something. A relative of D's always comes up to me and says, "It's so hard to get published, without contacts," etc., etc. in a discouraging vein. He's a relative so I feel uncomfortable asking him to stop bringing it up every time I see him. Anyway, he talked to me today, but didn't say anything discouraging. And then I was talking with his son (D's cousin), who said his father really liked my story! It was a story I had shown D's aunt a while back. And his son added, "You know he wouldn't say he liked it just to be nice." I know :) And I told my mother-in-law about it and she said, "That's a real compliment."

Anyway, there was an awesome cake (strawberry shortcake on the inside, with frosting roses, the whole deal, soooo good). I love cake. And it didn't go on forever either. At 3:00 (the shower started at 12) my mother-in-law said, "I'm going to change into something more comfortable and go now if you want to come with me." By way of backstory: my mother-in-law sometimes stays at weddings until the caterers are folding up the tables. So it was really nice to leave at a decent hour.

All the guys (there were a few) at the shower went downstairs to play pool while the bride-to-be opened her presents. I said something like, "You guys get away with so much because you have a Y chromosome," and D's cousin said, "Yeah, but we have to go to bachelor parties and that's hard for us." :)

Anyway, we're going to San Fran soon (I'll most likely update faithfully because D always makes sure we have DSL at hotels) and maybe I'll put some pictures up too. I hope everybody had a good weekend.

Comments

Bridget Unnel said…
I am soooooo anti-wedding- or bridal shower! Nothing puts me in a black mood as much as having to go to one of them. Terrible, I know!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!