Yay! I wrote a few more pages of my novel and did a handstand last night, with D's help. We're going to try to get me to a place where I can kick up my legs on my own. I can hold the handstand once someone flips me up into it, but I can't kick up. Yet. I also did research for some yoga concepts for my yoga school application.

The application is surprisingly philosophical. It asks you to relate all these ideas - satsang (chanting), mudra (hand positions in poses), etc. to your practice. I had to look a lot of words up online. There are only three practical questions (What's your name, address, email?; How long have you been practicing, and where do you go?; and Please get 2 recommendations from a non-family member). The last one isn't a question, I know, but you get the picture.

They said they can't take everyone. But some of their teachers got dinged the first time, then reapplied, and now they teach there. They said if you don't get in, it's probably a numbers thing (frustratingly, they didn't say what their limits are), or not putting enough effort into the application, or not having practiced long enough.

Anyway, in keeping with the first paragraph of this post, let me know if you have done anything groovy that makes you happy, makes you feel like you're moving closer to a goal or keeps self-doubt at bay. Eating a brownie counts.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay! Didn't know you guys were on line last night too! Were you at Union Square?
I love todays post and contribute that traveling to a new place always makes me feel a sense of accomplishment. It makes me feel like I've survived the most recent segment of my life relatively in tact and have had the sense to remember there's a world to go experience beyond my self-centered personal traumas. Writing hand written letters (which, sadly, I rarely do) also makes me feel good.
-T
Bearette said…
Thanks T!

We were actually at the Barnes & Noble on 6th & 23rd, complete with wizard and everything :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!