Odds and ends

Hello, blog world. I guess there was a little decrease in excitement after seeing Madonna...but I will see what I can come up with for you.

PUPKIN. Pupkin is a small dog, very feisty and cute, that I have fallen in love with. She lives at Groom-a-Rama, a pet store on 6th Ave where I go to ogle the puppies in the window. Yesterday they were all exceptionally cute and I wished I had my camera. But I'm afraid the flash might freak them out anyway. Pupkin's collar says she is a female, red-brown Shorkie Tzu (after a moment's thought, I figured out she's a Yorkie/Shih Tzu mix). Pupkin is very lively; she likes to nibble the other puppies' ears and roll around with them. She also licks the inside of the window glass, trying to lick my fingers. One of those old men who likes to narrate (you know what I mean, don't you?) was standing nearby, saying, "Look at these girls who just want to sleep [indicating a pair of serene cream-colored bulldogs with beautiful eyes]. I bet those are the boys [pointing at Pupkin and the other roughhousers]." I didn't correct him. None of the puppies were more than 2 months old. I just wanted to sneak them out of the store.

P. P is D's employee who is back after an educational hiatus in England. He'll be going to director's school next year. Anyway, D pointed out that P is back and we should have dinner. So that's what we're doing tonight. Note: P has a love/hate relationship with this girl. She invited him to dinner last night and he said, "No, I'm going out to dinner with my real friends." He wasn't going out to dinner with anyone. But he did switch her to Friday. I have a feeling they might get married down the line but they would be one of those couples who bickers all the time.

The Devil Wears Prada. I didn't like this movie as much as everyone else did. Granted, Meryl Streep did a great job. But it just reminded me of various aspects of old jobs and so Anne Hathaway had my full sympathy (whereas the rest of the audience was laughing at her). But D says I took it more seriously than it was intended. I am looking forward to the new Will Ferrell movie on August 4th ("I can't slow down my heartbeat! There's a cougar on my chest!") You, Me and Dupree looks funny as well. And, embarrassingly, so does Little Man.

Comments

Roxanne said…
I thought You, Me, and Dupree looked interesting also. What is the plot of Little Men?
bdogg_mcgee said…
Yeah...Little Men? Is it from the Louisa May Alcott book?

I like "Devil Wears Prada," but I thought they cast Meryl Streep's character in a way more sympathetic light than in the book.
Anonymous said…
I read Devil and liked it. I'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD (we almost never go to the movies)...
This suzy said…
I love puppies! Actually, I'm just an animal lover in general, although not in the PETA extreme kind of way. lol

Is Little Man the new one with the Wayans brothers? I'm not sure I'm into that one. I do want to see Dupree though.
Bearette said…
Oh, sorry, everyone - it's Little Man, not Little Men. Wayans brothers. They don't usually appeal to me, but for some reason it just looks funny ;) One of the Wayans brothers goes undercover as a baby - he somehow manages to have an adult head on a baby body. I'm sure it will be totally ridiculous.

Bdogg - I agree. I read a review in the ny times where they said "you can't make a valet a hero in Hollywood", so they made the powerful person sympathetic rather than the assistant, in the movie. which kind of defeated the point of the book if you ask me.

Liz - I think you would like it. It was fun to watch, and Meryl Streep was good in her part.
Anonymous said…
Someone bought me the book The Devil Wears Prada a while back and I still haven't gotten around to reading it. Funny enough, it was written by the ex-girlfriend of a friend from high school!
jef said…
Is it advisable for men to watch Devil wears...or not!? I believe this movie will have it's premier night this week . By the way, cool blogs you have here. Can't wait to visit again.
Bearette said…
Thanks Jef :) My husband totally loved it, so I'll recommend it for men. A lot of people in the theater were laughing.
Elsa said…
I love seeing puppies! I even go into the pet stores at the Mall to see them (even though I am against selling puppies at the store due to the puppy mills). They are just so adorable.

I didn't know Will Ferrell was coming out with another movie. I love him - although I did't see Bewitched (heard it really stunk).
Bearette said…
e - i went there again today and this guy had bought a shih tzu and let me and some other people pat him (the dog, not the guy ;) so cute!!! i felt bad because Pupkin was in one of the cages in the back today. i am afraid no one will notice him there. he should be in the front window all the time :)

i didn't see bewitched, either, for the same reason. i love will ferrell though. he's so silly.
Bearette said…
oops...i called pupkin "him" by accident.
Elsa said…
I like those little doggies :)
Caro said…
If you stoel the puppies, you always know a good lawyer. :D
Caro said…
Um "stole".
Bearette said…
hehe. i knew what you meant :) i do want to steal them all. except maybe the chihuahuas. they are not my very favorite, and they're so popular right now, you know they will find homes.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!