If you could recommend one book to me, what would it be?

Comments

Bearette said…
That is not a real book!
Lisa said…
Only one?!

Okay---Circle of Quiet by Madeleine L'Engle
bdogg_mcgee said…
Right now? ONLY ONE?!?!?!

Hmmm... "Who Cooked the Last Supper? The Women's History of the World," by Rosalind Miles.

Not normally what I'm into reading, as I enjoy fiction, but woah! This is rather eye-opening!
Anonymous said…
Have you ever read any of Rohinton Mistry's books? A Fine Balance and Family Matters were my favorites. They take place in India.
Bearette said…
Wow! Maybe I'll check out all of 'em from the library. I really liked A Wrinkle of Time (although I felt bad, because it seemed like the kids were kinda alienated); the women's history of the world sounds kind of empowering; and I loved A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth, so I should probably give Mistry a try.

Thanks, guys! :)
Bearette said…
I just put all the books you mentioned on hold at the library. Liz, when I typed in Family Matters, it brought up a series about getting along with your family (Sex and Your Teenager: A Parent's Guide, Living Happily Ever After: Putting Reality into Your Romance, and The Father's Book: Being a Good Dad in the 21st Century). When I scrolled down, I found Mistry.

Also, I picked up a couple recommendations at Carolyn's blog - Liquor by Poppy Z. Brite and The Thing About Jane Spring.
Anonymous said…
Crescent by Diana Abu Jaber. Delicious!
Bearette said…
Thanks, Crystal.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!