Bookies

I have 7 books waiting for me at the library. Yikes! I better pick 'em up. They are closed on Friday and Sunday, which makes my life more difficult.

Here they are:

Crescent by Diana Abu-Jaber (recommended by Crystal)

Family Matters by Rohinton Mistry (recommended by Liz)

Francesca's Party by Patricia Scanlan (saw this on Amazon, it looked fun and interesting)

Liquor by Poppy Z. Brite (Babel Babe recommended this on Carolyn's blog; is there any way that's the author's real name? Should I name my kid Opium Nightlight?)

The Thing About Jane Spring (another Babel Babe recommendation that I stole)

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (this was an editor's recommendation at Amazon. It's a YA book about love-crossed vampires. Kind of Romeo and Juliet with some bloodsucking thrown in for good measure. Should be interesting).

Who Cooked the Last Supper? by Rosalind Miles (recommended by Bdogg)

I'm currently sloughing through Beginner's Luck by Laura Pedersen. I don't know why, but it's taken me like a year to finish. By a year I mean about a week. I guess it was a busy week. I'll probably read Case Histories by Kate Atkinson next, or else I'll plunge right into this next batch of library books.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is _Crescent_ by Diana Abu-Jaber the long-awaited sequel to _Sky_Hook_ by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?

-Lobo
Anonymous said…
Ah, to be able to read for pleasure....what a life you lead.

One day I might be there.
Bearette said…
Lobo - haven't heard from you in a while! I have a feeling those two great works are unrelated ;)

KitKat - Oh, right, you're a grad student! One day your travails will be over, and you will have a nice M.A.
happy page turning.
Bearette said…
thanks :)
Caro said…
Sounds fun. I haven't been on a good reading binge in a while.
Lora said…
I love to read, although I must admit we read a slightly different genre. However, I just haven't had the time or concentration to read in what feels like ages.
Bearette said…
What, no vampire YA for you? ;)
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (this was an editor's recommendation at Amazon. It's a YA book about love-crossed vampires. Kind of Romeo and Juliet with some bloodsucking thrown in for good measure. Should be interesting).

This sounds like something my wife would read.
Bearette said…
Oh, it's really good! She should definitely read it. I started it yesterday and I'm already on (around) p. 220.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!