I just finished "Twilight" by Stephenie (yes, it's really spelled that way) Meyer, and I thought it was most fabulous. I'm a fan of vampire lit that is not by Anne Rice. My friend Carpe loaned me her book, "Pandora," some years ago and I read it but didn't love it. I do like how she has a Halloween party in N'awlins every year. I don't know if it's open invitation or not though. You do have to come in costume.

Anyway, this book was so good that I tore through it in 2 days despite it being about 490 pages long. It was so well plotted. The author kept throwing in new complications and making the stakes higher and higher. The characters were great too. So well done!

Next I will read either "Lust for Life" or "I Think She's Trying to Tell Me Something", which I'll be reviewing for chicklitbooks.com. Stay tuned.

Comments

bdogg_mcgee said…
I just put it on my list!!

Glad you are finding "Women's History of the World" so captivating! :)
Caro said…
Charlaine Harris writes really good vampire novels if you have never read her. You probably have though. Kim Harrison writes good novels too. I wish she would hurry up and write another!
Bearette said…
Hmm, I will check them out! I especially like them if they're funny/romantic, like vampire romantic comedies. The Undead series by Mary Janice Davidson is good, though silly ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!