I am so excited! Anne Tyler has a new book coming out in May 2006. It is called Digging to America! I was just re-reading parts of The Amateur Marriage the other day. The ending actually made me cry the first time around. I think, for better or worse, I really related to Pauline. It kind of functioned as a cautionary tale for me. For those who haven't read the book, Pauline is kind of a fun, dramatic type but also a little oversensitive.

In other news, I think I fixed my digital camera. The lens was frozen in "zoom" position. I turned it on and off, fiddled with the zoom button a bit and now the lens seems to be behaving itself. I need to buy a memory stick.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I loved the Amateur Marriage. I was so sad when I got to the last page. Can't wait for the new one!
Lisa said…
Yay! I loved Breathing Lessons and When We Were Grown Ups.

AT has so much insight into the little moments of life---and has such relatable female characters.
Bearette said…
I can't wait either. She's one of my favorites :) The ones that stand out in my memory are Accidental Tourist, Patchwork Planet and Amateur Marriage .
I've heard of Accidental Tourist. Haven't heard of any of the others.

As for digital cameras, I still don't own one. I was out with my buddy today and he took some shots with his cell phone but couldn't figure out how to send them to me. :(
Bearette said…
My digital camera keeps breaking, but it's an invaluable blogging tool ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!