Forbidden love

That's the name of a Madonna song I like. When we got to yoga school today, one of the directors put in Madonna's new CD and we all danced, then grouped together for a class photo. We talked about sequencing all day. We also got our poses for our physical final! The teacher made a little ritual out of it. She made a deck of sealed notecards with the poses written inside. We each had to shuffle the deck while singing OM, spread out the deck with our right hand, and then pick a card with our left. Then we took a rose petal and a chocolate kiss and went back to our seats after tapping someone else on the head, so that person could take his or her turn.

I was very, very happy with my poses. I got: setu bandha (half-wheel), urdhva dhanurasana (wheel), and supta padungasthasana (lying on your back while holding onto your big toe with a yogic toe-lock). Woo hoo! The first two are backbends and I love backbends. They're kinda like crack. Well, I've never taken crack, but they make you feel good. They accelerate your heart rate and flood you with adrenaline. It's good stuff. Yay!!!!

This was also our last day of lecture. Next weekend we have off, due to Thanksgiving. Has anyone else noticed great, huge mounds (rather, mountains) of sweet potatoes and russet potatoes in their supermarket? I guess they are preparing for the hordes. I snapped up two russets for my and D's lunch. Baked 'em up with melted cheese, parsley and nonfat sour cream. Yummy in my tummy.

Then, the weekend after that, everyone goes to *one* day of practice teaching. Mine is Saturday. So I have Sunday off for the first time since September. The weekend after that, we have our physical final (where we teach the poses mentioned above), and I only have to go on Sunday. The next weekend is the written final (Saturday) and graduation (2 hours on Sunday). So the time of all weekends being filled up is over, over, over. I'm psyched about teaching. January 12 is my first community class. So, if you'll be in NYC then, let me know and I will send you the details.

I met a boxer doggy who shared my name yesterday, a basset hound named Sherman this morning and a 6-month-old bulldog with lots of energy and very white fur tonight.

Update on the artist: I am going to meet him on Tuesday at the restaurant where I saw the painting, so I can buy it! I may put up pictures ;)

Comments

Ashley Beth said…
Yes, I noticed the abundance of potatoes. We got 9 million of each (russet and sweet). The supermarkets are preparing for the crazies like us! :-)
Poppy said…
Did you read that her husband (Guy) said her newest hit song was awful? Way to be a supportive husband, but at the same exact time the honesty is refreshing. How can anything Madonna does be awful?
Bearette said…
Exactly. Everything she does is awesome ;)
Caro said…
What you have Thanksgiving, do you do the traditional side dishes minus meat, or do you do a whole different menu? Just interested. Bet your meal tastes better than mine!

BTW, tried soymilk today (vanilla) and really like it, but I know the vanilla at least is fattening.
Bearette said…
I'm a little ashamed to admit this, but Thanksgiving is always at my brother's wife's house, so we just bring a vegetarian entree, usually vegetable lasagna. This year we'll bring squash soup too. My SIL makes vegetarian stuffing and squash, and I think sweet potatoes as well. Her mom brings a pumpkin pie with brandy in it :)
Bearette said…
I guess I shouldn't be ashamed to admit I've never hosted a Thanskgiving dinner. Just lucky!
Bearette said…
Re: the soymilk - I like Silk unsweetened. It's 80 calories per serving with 35 calories fat. I guess that's semi-fattening, but I can live with it ;) I just don't like regular milk anymore. I think they do have low-fat soy milk, though. Just doesn't taste as good ;)
Anonymous said…
Good luck with your practice teaching!
Bearette said…
Thanks Liz :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!