All right, I'm just going to spit it out. My news = I'm pregnant. 12 weeks today. Made it through the first trimester, some scary genetic testing, and now I just have my Down test to get through. If that goes well (it's a two-part test that takes a few weeks), I think I can finally relax. My odds are low. The test was optional so I seriously considered not taking it, but every single person whose advice I sought said she would take it, so I'll do it. It's funny, I watched Rosemary's Baby last night (I've seen it before, but now I'm watching it with new eyes) and I couldn't help spotting all the infractions. She drank a shake with raw egg every day, drank some champagne when she got pregnant, and her husband smoked Pall Malls around her. I guess there are tradeoffs. My mother's pregnancies sound entirely more relaxed than mine -- she smoked*, drank* (in moderation) and she didn't know what listeria* was. In other words, she could eat as much f...
Comments
The blog I love;
Andd it'll make me think,
The blog I love;
And when it comes my way,
I'll read its updates every day.
One page will let me tell
It's what I crave;
Its very URL
Will make me rave;
Its postings, witty yet concise--
Every day I'll check them twice.
Maybe it's got lots of readers,
Maybe there's just one or two;
As long as they're not bottom feeders--
Only gentry
Will read its every entry.
I'll put it on my list
Of favorite sites;
And 'cause I can't resist,
I'll waste my nights
By browsing musings of
The author of the blog I love!
--Lobo
;)
There's just something about doggie pictures. And fun text.
You may have heard about this next one: www.dooce.com. She was probably the first person ever to be fired for her blog. A former Mormon now struggling with depression, her entries are usually more like mini essays, and she's always very honest. Good stuff.