Sarah, and dogs in general

I just saw my friend Sarah, who lives on the 7th floor. A bit of background: Sarah is a miniature schnauzer, with her hair cut short ("she's ready for summer," her owner said a few months ago). When she was a baby, Sarah was perhaps the cutest puppy I had ever seen, second only to my childhood doggy, Pepper, a Cairn terrier who used to fit on my pillow (next to my head).

Anyway, I saw Sarah as I left Gristede's, and kneeled down to pat her. Immediately she pushed my headphone off my ear so she could lick it, which made me laugh. While my mouth was open, she took the opportunity to lick my front teeth. Dogs love to do this to me ;) After some mouthwash, I should be as good as new.

Comments

jules said…
LOL ..nothing better than doggie kisses as far as I'm concerned! I let complete doggie strangers lick me on the face if they choose to (this is betw. you & me & the rest of the commenteers of course - my husband yells at me enough to wash my face after doggie visits!)
bdogg_mcgee said…
I loooove Schnauzers! My parents have a white male that I'm sure is a little boy trapped in a dog suit, he's so smart...
Bearette said…
Yay! Doggie lovers unite :)

I patted a little pug today, and he turned in circles until the owner pulled him away. I love how dogs will spend forever with you.

Schnauzers remind me of Cairn terriers, the doggy I grew up with, so I have a special affection for them too :) Course, I love almost every dog.
bdogg_mcgee said…
Funny, but I was never much of a dog person until my parents got Max (the Schnauzer). I am, and always will be, a cat person, but now there's a lot of room in my heart for doggies too!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!