Tonight we had our mentor meeting, but no buddy meeting because T was sick. We'll reschedule it for some other time. T is 46 but she looks 34. A 30-year-old was hitting on her on the subway! She said, "He's so adorable, I don't know what to do with him." Her oldest child is 29, but when I first met her, I couldn't believe she had grown children. I think (and hope) that yoga, if done regularly, makes people look younger. Plus she lived in Hawaii for a time, where she probably had a nice, relaxing lifestyle. She mentioned "Hawaii time"...no one has a watch. I like that.

We did practice teaching. The others said I was good with instruction, watched people and responded to what they were doing, and had a nice voice. My mentor said I had a clear directness and was helpful and friendly. He also said I should move around the room more and maybe touch more, even if not necessarily assisting. I do feel shy about intruding into people's personal space unless they obviously need assistance. I'll work on it though. He also said to be careful with "um."

I made my penne with pesto using 1/4 cup of olive oil instead of 1/2 cup today. It just didn't taste the same, though it felt more virtuous.

Comments

Poppy said…
I used to say um when speaking in public, but when I learned that saying um is a distraction and that complete silence is better than saying um, I now pause a lot in public speaking. I'm not sure which is better. The pauses make people freak out a bit. I'm just careful with my choice of words when speaking in public... Maybe try saying "hippo" or "cheesy beans" as your filler word? :)
Bearette said…
Hehe, that might draw a lot of attention ;)
Lora said…
It's always nice to get feedback so you can fine tune things. I find that I can be very direct as a teacher, but I feel like I need an invitation to do so, but once I have that invite... Watch out!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!