Consumer adventures

This will be a what-I-got post :)

I went to return my library books today. Couldn't get into Jodi Picoult, despite Jules' recommendation. I was trying to figure out my algorithm for liking books. I think the best way to describe it is, I have to hit it off with the author. Through the written page, of course - I've only met 1 author in person (Jennifer Weiner).

Anyway, the library was not yet open when I first went. Wednesday is their lazy day. But they had a box of free books outside! So I scooped up Bel Canto, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Bride Stripped Bare, and Madras on Rainy Days. I'm currently reading Bollywood Confidential, which is fun.

Then I bought tennis passes for me, D and our friend AT (otherwise known as El Guapo). The tennis passes say that smooth-soled sneakers are required. I hope the court attendants aren't too observant, because all I've got are garden variety New Balance sneakers and they may not pass inspection.

Then I went to Old Navy and bought a fun lacy skirt. They had it in red and chocolate brown. I would have preferred black but it doesn't come in that color. So I got the brown. It was $24.50, marked down to $19, and then I applied my $10 "bucks back" certificate. So the whole mess was $9.92 after tax. I love it when that happens.

Comments

jules said…
Are you talking about 1 of the Jodi Piccoult books (as opposed to The Kite Runner?)Hey - to each her own!
Caro said…
Ooh score on the skirt. I love shopping bargains.
Michelle said…
I *love* Jennifer Weiner - what was she like? It seems like she'd be a very cool chick.
Bearette said…
Jules - I tried the Sister's Keeper one. I did love James Frey though, which I read about in either your or Jurgen Nation's blog. The Kite Runner had 600 holds at the library so I got discouraged...I'm going to try to take it out later ;)

Carolyn - I was so excited! Though a dog nibbled on it later, he didn't seem to do it any harm ;)

Michelle - It was fun meeting her. I felt bad though because she referred to her weight about 500 times. I think she's really sensitive about it. But she's very smart and funny, and let me take a picture of her and me with my husband's camera phone. It came out really fuzzy unfortunately. Digital camera, here I come!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!