It's weird, my neighborhood used to be mostly guys. Now there all these girls with Frederic Fekkai highlights and push-up bras! I don't know what to make of it. I thought at first that I was getting older (30th birthday in July), and therefore I was getting insecure and everybody else looked better than they used to. But D noticed it too. I kinda miss the grunge years when you could put on a flannel shirt and no one worried about their appearance. Truth be told, if everyone were blind I'd probably never brush my hair, eat like a hippo and just lie around reading books and talking.

Also, The Big Cup on 8th Avenue is closing. I used to ogle their pastries and such but I never went in because it was one of those men-only places. I suspect the guys who went there didn't eat them either.

Depressingly, my jeans are all a little tight. So I'm eating more moderately and ramping up my gym visits again. Yoga helps you stay in shape, and builds your muscles, but for pure calorie burning, the gym is the way to go. For me, anyway. So today I walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes, and I'll do an hour of yoga at 4:15.

I'll be playing tennis with AT on Tuesday. That should help as well ;)

I finished Bollywood Confidential and started reading The Interruption of Everything. I like Terry McMillan. Her husband recently came out of the closet, they're getting divorced, and she reportedly wrote 1000 pages about it! This was after The Interruption of Everything came out. Apparently he was much younger, they met in Jamaica, and she gave him $65,000 to start up a crafts business.

Comments

Reighnie said…
Oh, isn't that crazy! The divorce I mean.. that would totally suck. I mean here she wrote this book, How Stella Got Her Groove Back that is supposedly loosely based on her relationship and how she met her husband, it becomes this big movie that empowers (not exactly my words) women to date younger men and then.... he comes out of the closet and wants to take her for a ride more than he already has... amazing.

Oh and even though I'm not 30 yet, there is way too much skin out there, some people are looking better but for the most part women are crossing the line into ho-dom (just made that up). I guess the best way to describe what I'm seeing out there are women reeking of neediness for attention and not a lot of style. They are willing to flash and let it all hang out for a glance and that's just sad.
Bearette said…
I agree...it can probably be all traced back to Britney Spears. Oh well...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!