I don't actually have tons to say today. Wow! So I'll just say a couple things.

I got my issue of Yoga Journal yesterday, or the day before. It talked about insomnia and said people who have it usually have an imbalance of vata. I never really got into ayurveda before but I'd like to cure my insomnia without drugs, so I was like, ok, I'll do some research.

Turns out I am very, very vata. To find out what type you are, go here. This means I tend to be thin, enthusiastic, creative, restless, and sometimes anxious. It also means I talk fast and have insomniac tendencies. So, to calm down my disposition and not upset my tummy, there are a list of foods that are good for me. It's cool because a lot of them are foods I already like, i.e. basmati rice and sweet potatoes. Spices and herbal tea are also very good for me. Apparently it is important for vata types to stay warm. If you find out your type and want to know what to eat, I would recommend putting "vata diet", "pitta diet" or "kapha diet" in a search engine.

It's funny, I've only been following this vata diet today and last night, and I already feel calmer and happier. I also slept decently last night, although I was awoken at 8 by people fiercely drilling and hammering directly above our heads. I thought it was Armageddon.

Comments

jules said…
Came up with this. I'm Vata too.
Vata = 13
Pitta = 9
Kapha = 5
Lisa said…
Interesting. I've done these in the past and always thought I was more pitta, but this has me as more vata, although barely. I was about evenly distributed:
Vata 10
Pita 9
Kapha 8
Bearette said…
You guys are both pretty balanced. I think my Vata score was 20.
Anonymous said…
I scored 14 for Pitta. I'd agree that a lot of the Pitta characteristics are true of me, but not all. It did say that Pittas produce a large volume of urine, so that explains a lot. ;-)
Bearette said…
Hehe ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!