Today was much better than yesterday. The woman who taught today was a better teacher, in my opinion. She didn't ramble about herself like yesterday's woman and I felt like I learned a bunch. We dissected the anatomy behind tadasana (mountain pose), virabhadrasana II (Warrior II), trikonasana (triangle), and parsvakonasana (extended side angle). People who had problems in each pose volunteered to have the teacher "work" on them in front of the class. The thing is, everyone pretty much knows what they're doing, so when it was my turn to practice teach, I didn't see many obvious adjustments, and had to do subtle ones instead. This was very different from basic classes I've attended in the past where I wanted to go up to people and adjust them (though of course I didn't ;)

The dinner we had afterward at Regional Thai was too heavy. I am developing a huge preference for my own cooking over that of many places ;) I do, however, love the onion rava masala dosa at Chennai Garden, and I don't know how to make it. Oh well!

I'm reading Cooking for Mr. Right, which is a fun book. The author is a professional chef. Although it's fiction, she includes some recipes at the end. Unfortunately, many of them have meat.

Comments

Lora said…
It must be nice to be in a class of yogi that are so skilled. I intend to do a prenatal yoga class. Actually I've been planning on getting involved with a yoga class for a while, but I don't know if at this early stage if I should do a prenatal or a regular class. Any thoughts?
Bearette said…
It is nice (although I'm still a little overwhelmed). I would say go with prenatal, because they know exactly what you should be doing and you won't have to change your habits later on.
Bearette said…
For example, I haven't had my prenatal training yet, which is toward the end of the program, but I know that at the end of savasana (corpse pose or relaxation), when everyone else rolls to the right, pregnant women are supposed to roll to the left. I think there are a lot of things like that, which is why I would recommend prenatal for you.
Lora said…
Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!