A little vent

Hopefully this will be my last wah-wah post on this topic. I'm pretty irked with my yoga center right now. They left a message making it pretty clear that if I go to the wedding, I won't be welcome back. I thought yoga was supposed to be about "love and compassion" (IN THEIR WORDS!) They even went so far as to call it "love school." Ha - no love if you break their rules.

There, that felt better. The class itself I actually enjoyed. The 5 hours flew by. The woman at the front desk said it was almost 7 and I was amazed. I thought it was 5:30. I liked how they slowed down all the postures and we did "assists", where you adjust your partner in a pose. At first I was very shy about touching strangers but then I got used to it.

There are a whole group of teachers in the program. The one today is very strident and in-your-face. She told us to get some water at one point, and a few people lingered outside the room, talking as they drank their water. I was already inside, knowing full well that she is anal. She leaned out the open doors and yelled, "I SAID GET WATER, NOT A BREAK!" She turned to the rest of us and said, "I'm usually easygoing, but when I say go get water, it's not a break."

Wow. And I thought I left behind this kind of behavior when I left the corporate world. At any rate, she won't be teaching again for 2 weeks.

In other news, poor D got lost on the bike ride he took during my yoga class. He won't be home for another hour.

Comments

Lora said…
That's werid, but I'm sure that when the date arrives you'll have a better feel to see if they are serious or not. Many courses I've had start out really harsh to weed out the people who are not serious and then ease up after a while.
Bearette said…
I know, it is weird. I was actually afraid this would happen, but I figured I was just being paranoid. Then I told my mentor that I had a family wedding (D's cousin is getting married), and he left a message saying that no absences are permitted if you want to stay in the program. He also said, "We made this pretty clear at the information meeting." They did say "no absences" then, but I didn't know they would be so literal! Oh well.
Liz said…
oh dear!

you know, you would think yoga folk would be a bit more flexible (no bad pun intended).

that's just kind of yucky.
Anonymous said…
Yes, you had better stop posting about this, before Lobo goes down there and administers some SERIOUS INJURIES to them for treating his friend Bearette24 that way!

--Lobo
Bearette said…
Thanks Lobo ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!