Today was a long but very fun day. I went to the basics class in the morning, dug it to a surprising extent, and then D and I had lunch at Chennai Garden. On the way I saw a little puppy! The owner explained that he (the puppy) didn't get outside very much because he hadn't had his shots yet, so he was very excited to be in the outside world! I tried to get some pics of the puppy but he immediately spazzed out and started licking the camera. I deleted that picture because it was just a blur of fur.

Once we got to Chennai I had the trusty onion rava masala dosa (now I can finally put a picture to the words), followed by kulfi. The kulfi comes in a little pyramid and I always bite the top off, and we took a pic but D said it was lewd. ;)



I played tennis with my friend AT, which was a fun experience. I won 5 games out of 9! (We didn't have time for a full set.) We are definitely going to have a rematch in the near future. Afterward we swept the court with long brooms. It was a red clay court. Then we hosed it down and I sprayed my hair and face because it was so hot. A guy who was sweeping the court next to ours pointed out that I had a very old tennis racket. He said it dated from the late '70s. I said my father-in-law gave it to me. For some reason it feels really good in my hand even though the handle is covered in tape. It's the perfect weight.

Then we had the mentor meeting at my apartment. I'm thinking of volunteering at the soup kitchen where AT volunteers to fulfill my karmic yoga requirement. We have to give something back to the community. I'm also playing with the idea of walking my neighbor's dog Sarah. That doesn't really feel like a selfless act though because I love Sarah.

Poll: Should I keep my present profile photo or replace it with this pic from the restaurant?

Comments

Anonymous said…
hmmm...the pics look a bit similar, but i like the newer one better, it seems clearer.

the onion thingy looks mighty tasty!!
Bearette said…
it's so good! it looks huge in the picture, i'm embarrassed that i ate it. it's not entirely full, though...there's just a part that's stuffed with potatoes.
Reighnie said…
I think the new one is clearer. The light seems better.
jules said…
Cute puppy!!! How is the new dog doing at your sisters?! My husband calls me the "dog stalker" .. do you get a name like that?! LOL ...
Bearette said…
Thanks! I've been called "the official dog greeter of NY" (by my friend Lobo). I don't think my sister picked up the new doggy yet, but I will be sure to post about it when she does!

Thanks for the feedback on the pic, everybody. I might keep the old one b/c I'm contrary like that ;)
Poppy said…
I like the old picture because the first time I saw it I got a chuckle out of realizing it wasn't a picture of an infomercial selling a product. :)

I like the new picture because I love pink and I agree with everyone who said the lighting is better in it.

Your call. Maybe rotate the images? Sometimes the current picture, then maybe a week or month later the restaurant pic?
Bearette said…
Huh. I never knew it looked like an informercial!

Thanks for the thoughts...
Lora said…
I like the new one, but you may have to play some tricks with blogger to get it to except the more detailed photo.

Next time somebody comments on your tennis racket, tell them that evrything that's old is new again and you are going fot the retro look.
Bearette said…
Ha, I never thought of that!

:)
Caro said…
I like the new one. It's really cute.
Bearette said…
Thanks, C!

:)
Lora said…
I really like the new photo you went for.
Bearette said…
Thanks Lora. I felt sure about the new profile pic, but not sure about the one in this entry.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!