Not too much to report today. We had tofu burgers for din-din. They had a nice woodsy flavor, almost like turkey stuffing (sans meat of course), thanks to the white miso and breadcrumbs. There were also walnuts so it was quite protein-ous.

After dinner I took a bike ride, past the felafel man whom I hadn't seen in a while, up past the boat basin up to around 86th Street along the Hudson River, and then I went down to Canal. I wished I brought my camera with me because the George Washington Bridge is quite beautiful at night. I could see it in the distance. The horizontal part of the bridge was strung with yellow lights, and the vertical supports were strung with green lights, and it made me feel quite Christmasy.

I am a little blue. I am adjusting to yoga school, but due to mentor/buddy meetings on Tuesday, I will no longer be able to go to J's yoga class, which I've been attending for over a year. By the time yoga school is over, her baby will be born and she will probably not teach again for a bit. Or maybe she'll bounce right back. Who knows.

On my bike ride I saw a rat, and I tensed, expecting it to dart across my path and cause another spill. But no. This rat was very confident. It was like, "I am bigger than you. You are no threat," and I thought, "Okay."

On my way back from 12th Avenue I saw a woman walking toward a car. Her face was split into a huge grin and she was laughing silently as if something was the biggest riot in the world. I looked into the car to see if someone else was in on the joke, but it was empty. There was no one in sight. Oh well, I'm glad she was having such a good time.

Comments

Caro said…
If I were on a bike, the lady would be laughing at me thinking, "poor bike."
Bearette said…
Hehe...maybe that's what she was thinking about me! Actually, I think she was in another world ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!