What a beautiful potato


That was what my husband said when he saw my lunch. He had thought a potato would be too decadent, so he ordered some grease-soaked food from Dinersty instead ;) I think he regretted his decision. I let him have a bite :)

Incidentally, don't you think the ability to recognize and appreciate a beautiful potato is an important shared characteristic among couples? I think so.

If you want to recreate the potato, buy a russet potato, put it in the microwave for 6 minutes after stabbing it in several places with a fork. When it comes out, cut it in half lengthwise, use a butter knife to draw a line inside the potato about a half inch or quarter inch from the edge, and scoop out the flesh. Mash the flesh with a fork and mix it with cubes of Muenster cheese, cubes of cheddar cheese, chopped parsley and nonfat sour cream. Sprinkle the top with paprika and cook at 400 for 20 minutes.

We may be getting rid of this rug, which my husband bought before I moved in. We like the hardwood floor. If you're interested or know someone in the Manhattan area who is, let me know!

Comments

Caro said…
Pretty potatoes - they sound good!
Bearette said…
They're very yummy.
jules said…
I might be interested in the rug. Let me have my husband take a look at the picture, etc and I'll email you!
Bearette said…
Great! Thanks Jules.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!