Poconos

So the Poconos are not as boring as I thought. We got some entertainment on the bus ride up when the woman in front of us kept talking loudly on her Betty Boop phone. Some guy turned around and rudely told her to shut up. "Do I have to listen to your conversation for the whole ride?" he said. She ignored him and kept talking about dialysis and such. Finally he said, "Should we all give her a hard time?" and the other passengers attacked her! (Verbally, of course.) It reminded me of a ritual stoning. The Lottery by Shirley Jackson, all over again. She said to the hecklers, "Take your heart medication when you have a heart attack."

Then, across the way, D pointed out a woman who was caressing eggs from an egg carton. Finally she cracked one and we all held our breath! Was she going to eat a raw egg? No, it was hard boiled. Bummer.

I played tennis with D's father, with D behind me as backup. I haven't played tennis since I was 10. I enjoyed it more than I did back then.

D took a funny picture of me at the supermarket. I'll put it up later - his cell/camera phone has no connection up here. It was oddly clear for a camera phone picture - maybe it will be my new profile picture.

Happy Labor Day, everyone.

Comments

freethoughtguy said…
The Poconos?

Isn't that where the original "Dirty Dancing" went down?
Bearette said…
Huh! I'm not sure. I'd have to see it again ;)
Caro said…
Sounds like a fun weekend.
Bearette said…
Yeah, we just watched Party Girl. Fun movie...may not want to watch it with your in-laws. They took it in stride though. Kinda reminded me of my college days ;) Just a little...
Anonymous said…
I love the story of everyone uniting to complain about the cell phone user. I like the story of the hard-boiled eggs, too. You could actually write a great disaster story about what happens when people are forced together on a bus, and what makes them tick!
Bearette said…
Now I really need to see it again!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!