Tonight we had a vegetable stir fry for dinner. It was pretty simple. You pan-fry cubes of firm tofu in 3 T canola oil until it's golden, then you take it out and stir-fry 2 medium onions, 1 green bell pepper and 2 summer squash in the same pan. After stir-frying the veggies for 10 minutes, you mix in 1/2 c of marinara sauce, black pepper, and sprinkle it with 1 c of muenster cheese. Then you cover the pan and it's done as soon as the cheese melts. You can serve it over rice.

My Friend Leonard has improved. I still like A Million Little Pieces better...I literally couldn't put that one down. I remember reading that till 3 or 4 pm and thinking, "Oh, I should eat lunch." I guess I find the James/Lilly romance more compelling than the James/Leonard friendship...but there is no denying that the *work* James does for Leonard is pretty interesting (I just got to the part where he started working for Leonard). I think James has had more interesting experiences than 90% of the population. But they are not necessarily experiences you would want to have. I still find it unbearably sad what happened to Lilly. It makes me wish it were fiction.

Yoga with B was good today. I still find it a pity that the directors are somewhat psychotic, because the regular teachers are awesome. I liked the way she structured it: over half an hour of standing poses, then some back- and forward bending, and wrapping it all up with a shoulderstand and savasana. I love standing poses.

We'll be watching the Donald tonight. Tomorrow is D's birthday. He will be 32 (gasp). I remember when I was 28 and he turned 30...I was so relieved to still be in the "golden" decade. But 30's not that bad. I can deal with it (I guess).

Comments

Caro said…
Your blog always makes me hungry. (even if I just ate.)
Love your new pic!
Bearette said…
Thanks Carolyn

:)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!