Wedding in Brooklyn

Just got back from an Orthodox wedding. Some old man with a glass eye and a walker asked me if I went to Hebrew Day School. I didn't have the heart to tell him I went to St. Mary's CCD.

It was quite an adventure getting there. We took the subway out to Canarsie, a neighborhood that immediately made me flip my diamond under. Then we asked for directions in a skeevy storefront that had a menu including cow foot and oxtail. The cow foot was a bargain at $4. Eventually we found a cab. I don't recommend walking from the Canarsie subway stop to El Caribe Country Club. The cab ride was $9 (although D points out this may be because it was a "gypsy" cab). Even in an ordinary cab it would have been $5, I think.

The food was 100% carbs - no tofu, beans, nuts or cheese in sight. So I slipped into a coma after dinner and fortunately we left pretty quickly. In the past my MIL has lingered at such events until the caterers are pointedly folding up tables. I don't know why they reformed but I'm happy about it.

The Verrazano Bridge is pretty at night.

Comments

kristen said…
carb coma, hee hee. just wanted to write and say hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! also, where *exactly* does the verrazano bridge go from/to? and finally, I LOVE POTATOES! maybe i'm your soulmate. tee hee.
Bearette said…
hehe :) i used to think i'd write a volume of potato poetry, but it never happened. and there were potatoes at the wedding! anyway, i think the verrazano bridge connects brooklyn and staten island - we passed it on the way back, when d's parents were driving. it's also featured in saturday night fever ;)
Caro said…
Carb coma, huh? I get those.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!