Bits and pieces

I just finished 2 books R sent me to review for chicklitbooks.com. One was called Mine Are Spectacular and the other was Love Will Tear Us Apart. I feared these leaped across the chasm from fun reading to stupid reading...but no. They were actually pretty good. The first one was feather-light but enjoyable. The second one really pulled me in and I only took breaks to go to yoga and grocery shopping (and cook dinner). I finished it in a day. Unfortunately it had a crappy ending. I would have been happy to volunteer my services to write a happier ending, but I wasn't asked ;)

I also got my $0.98 CDs from Amazon. Songs in Red and Gray by Suzanne Vega was quite good, although it has some song overlap with her Retrospective, which I already own. Currently listening to Jack Johnson's In Between Dreams. D says it's "fun little music." It is. Very relaxing. I suspect he smoked some pot in his time. Jack, not D.

Did anyone finish the new John Irving? I know Liz and Lora started it. It just seemed terrible. I'll give his next one a chance though. I loved A Widow for One Year.

Comments

Caro said…
I hate books, or movies, with unhappy endings. Real life is depressing enough, thanks.
Bearette said…
I agree! How did the Thai tofu turn out, by the way?
Lora said…
I put it back on the shelf after chapter ten. I have loved everything else he's I've read of his, which is most of his published work. I may try diving back into it though, I'm hoping it will improve.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!