Movies, buses and books

Rewatched Secretary tonight. I like how delightfully weird James Spader is. I also like how, when he interviews Maggie Gyllenhaal for the job, his first question is, "Are you pregnant?" and his last statement is, "It's very dull work." I'm feeling very italic this evening.

The bus ride back from the Poconos was uneventful. The bus was pretty empty, which was cool, up until we stopped at the Woodbury, NY outlets. Then 8 million people, mostly Asian, filed onto the bus, loaded down with Kenneth Cole bags. I put my stuff overhead to make room for this girl who sat next to me. Instead of putting her own bags overhead, she put her bags on the floor, so they took up most of her leg room, and put her legs in the aisle.

I finished Book #4 in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series and started reading The Man I Should Have Married by Pamela Redmond Satran. It's about a woman who is dumped by her husband (a lawyer-turned-yoga instructor...hmm) and later reconnects with a studly Irish bartender.

We watched Party Girl with my in-laws. I liked:

a) when Parker Posey rearranged her roommate's CDs (he was a DJ) according to the Dewey Decimal System, with categories for "sleaze" and "disco."

b) how the club owner went ballistic when Teddy Rogers' music was played.

c) when the DJ did a very strange imitation as part of his interview.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!