I went to a basics class this morning, and surprisingly, I really enjoyed it! I thought it would be too easy and boring, but instead it was relaxing and gentle. We did dolphins (hands clasped, elbows shoulder-width apart, legs in downward dog, then leaning forward so your chin goes past your hands, then back again). I haven't done those in a while and I forgot how awesome they are for strengthening your arms and shoulders. I am still reliant on the wall for my headstands but I am moving forward day by day. Last night I went to the intermediate/advanced class and there was some fun stuff...moving right from eagle to dancer, putting our feet in lotus position while in shoulderstand, side crow, lots of revolved triangle, etc. For side crow you can put your right hip on the back of your right arm. I hadn't known that and it makes it a lot easier. Although I liked that stuff, this morning was a nice contrast.

Their requirements are starting to make more sense to me. While it would be too much to maintain this schedule for months on end, it is only for 13 weeks, and in essence it's a total immersion in yoga. At first I didn't want to take a basics class (they have you take a basics class, plus an intermediate or intermediate/advanced class every week, and have the teacher sign a sheet to show you attended). But it did turn out to be a good idea. And I think I will be better equipped to teach a basics class.

Comments

Caro said…
Maybe YOU can put your right hip on the back of your right arm!
Anonymous said…
Oh man, carolyn's comment made me laugh out loud! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. Is it weird that every time I come here I give banana a treat? :)
Bearette said…
:) Not weird at all! She loves them.

*bark of appreciation*

;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!