"Show me how you do that trick..."

That's a line from The Cure song "Just Like Heaven." We just saw the movie. It was a little slow, very sweet and kind of old-fashioned. I would definitely recommend it if you like rom coms.

They did play some cover of The Cure song over the opening credits (bad!) but they played the original version at the end.

Lots of beautiful shots of San Fran, where we may spend part of the winter, though I don't want to move there. I felt connected to this apple right away ;)

Tomorrow is yoga school, we'll be covering mantras and pranayama (breathing exercises). It's a lecture day, which is fine. I have to bring my yoga buddy's Yankees cap because she forgot it at my apartment. It's kind of funny because I come from a family of Red Sox fans.

I'm reading Easy by Emma Gold. It's kind of ridiculous but very funny.

Comments

Anonymous said…
New York Metro (the free newspaper they assault you with before you get on the subway) thought that "Just Like Heaven" was terrible, and, yes, they mentioned that the Cure song cover was a bad idea. But A.O.Scott, of the NY Times, loved "Just Like Heaven." I'm reassured that Scott, who I liked, was right. All is right with the universe. And I'm glad you liked the show.
Bearette said…
AT, is that you?

;)
Anonymous said…
We saw this yesterday, too, and liked it a lot. It wasn't super-fabulous, but it was fun, and sweet, and had a happy ending. I like movies with happy endings...it seems there aren't enough of them in this world.
Bearette said…
I agree! Depressing movies are not on my list most of the time. Also, it didn't have any violence. I hate it when movies are just about a bunch of guys punching each other.
Lora said…
I haven't heard that in forever. I didn't even realize there was a movie. Thanks for mentioning, I'll have to check it out
Lisa said…
I saw JLH on Saturday. Watched a cheesy romance while eating cheesy fries. Yay! I thought it was better than the reviews made it sound, but not exactly going to get anyone an Oscar. Sweet and cute. And I cried a couple of times. Then again, I cried at the end of Hoosiers and several times during Vera Drake, so maybe I just had to get something out of my system this weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!