We had lunch at Chennai with Lobo and IG. I'm mourning the loss of D's camera phone. It's not officially dead, but he can no longer email me pictures from it. Hence the naked, pictureless state of both our blogs. But my digital camera should be arriving soon. It has 4 megapixels or something like that, and is slim enough to put in your pocket.

At Chennai the waiter came out with a perfectly done dosa and a slightly burnt one and gave me the burnt one and Lobo the perfect one. In a paranoid manner, I started to wonder if he was sexist. IG assured me that if the waiter were sexist, he would have given me the perfect one. For some reason the dosa didn't fill me as much as usual. So I picked at D's saag paneer a little.

On the way back IG entertained us with tales of a friend of his who has pitbull races in his house, where the pitbulls race around and pull things, and see who can finish fastest. I actually have no problem with pitbulls. I met one the other day who started wagging just at the sight of me. Of course, if one were dangerous I wouldn't pat it. But I firmly believe that all dogs are inherently nice, unless trained to be otherwise.

I made brownies last night. Now the thorny problem of how to get rid of them. The cleaning lady came today (D's mother hired her initially, then suggested that she clean for D once every two weeks). This was before I met D. I always have vague guilt about having a cleaning lady. Anyway, I offered her some brownies, she dug them, and so I gave her some more to take home. Now we have four left, which isn't terrible.

Tonight I'm going to try one of Crystal's recipes - tofu, broccoli and tomatoes with peanut curry sauce, over basmati rice. If the recipe comes out well, I'll put it up.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It would be a bold waiter indeed who would dare deliver me a less-than-perfect dosa. So don't take it personally.

--Lobo
Caro said…
I love burned food and so does my husband. We would have been fighting over it!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!