For lunch, D and I had felafel on red-leaf lettuce with tahini-lemon sauce. You can go here for the recipes. Sauce doesn't usually excite me, but this one is so good you can use it on anything. D is even thinking of putting it on his Cheerios. And it keeps for weeks if you keep it cozily sealed in Tupperware.

While I was preparing the felafel, I got a call from Satan (I mean, the City Bar Association). She laughed when I said I'd probably be a yoga teacher soon! The nerve. Anyway, you'll be glad to know that if you leave the City Bar Association, you can always come back to them. They're there for you, just like State Farm. And I shouldn't be over-sensitive about the laugh. It seemed like a friendly one, and she wished me good luck.

I'm trapped here until 5:00, since the maintenance folks asked me to hang out from 1 to 5. They are going to fix our ailing oven.

In other news, I got a postcard from my friend Allen, who is currently hiking around Spain. He met a "very cute cow family". He also enjoyed some very yummy meals at a monastery, including "pain perdu" - old bread dipped in egg and butter, which evolved into "French toast." For NYCers, Le Gamin (on 9th and 21st) has pain perdu on its menu and it is delicious. Be prepared to wait about an hour, though - the service is very, um, slow.

Comments

Caro said…
That sauce looks yummy. So does your butter bean recipe from August 9th. I have been trying to get my kids to eat more veggies, but don't really have many recipes. I hope you keep posting these. Thanks.
Bearette said…
Thanks, Carolyn! You might want to check out Veggie Meals by Rachael Ray, it's kid-friendly and there are 2 stir-fry recipes that are really good. They're along the lines of Chinese takeout but more healthy.
Anonymous said…
I'll have to check out Pan Perdieu when I get back to the city. I wonder if at Le Gamin they make it with stale bread?
Bearette said…
I bet it's day-old bread...not stale, but firm.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!