Today was a longish day. I think it was because of the heat. We had lunch at Chennai with Lobo. It was his birthday! I had my favorite onion rava masala dosa, which is a mixture of potatoes, peas and nuts and comes folded inside a crisp lentil flour pancake. Very yummy. They give you coconut to dip it in.

On the way back, Lobo told us about a Pekinese he observed in the park near his apartment. The Pekinese wandered off its owner's lap and started to mosey out of the park. The owner was unconcerned, apparently thinking the dog lacked the cajones to go very far. The owner was wrong! The dog left the park and started to venture toward the highway. I always said small dogs are spunky. Fortunately the dog was retrieved and perfectly safe.

Yoga was kind of hot and sweaty today too. The A/C wasn't really working. It's kind of silly, but I'm really curious about my yoga buddy. Apparently there are 28 people in the program. I probably won't find out who it is until the orientation meeting, which is 2 hours in September.

I got a new yoga mat. It's pink with a purple hibiscus flower on it. I wouldn't have recognized the hibiscus, but that's what the label said.

We went to Lobo's birthday party, which was fun although it took a while for the orders to be placed. People just talked for a while before the menus were handed out. Afterward I had banana ice cream at Chinatown Ice Cream Factory. They were out of pumpkin pie ice cream! They also claim to have avocado ice cream, but I've never actually seen a vat containing it.

Oh, and I did a minor transformation before dinner. I put my hair in pigtails and painted my fingernails purple on the subway. I don't usually paint my fingernails, and never purple. Fortunately it looked good against my olive skin. Now I just have to use some nail polish remover to clean up the job, and paint my toenails to match :) The shade is called Passionate Purple.

Comments

Bearette said…
It's a GOOD SONG.
Bearette said…
Hey, the song has profound implications. It's about all the years he's wasted, all the tears. I guess it's lost on some people ;)
Anonymous said…
Thanks for coming to my birthday! THe pigtails were an interesting and exciting departure, although maybe not an ideal permanent look.

--Lobo
Bearette said…
But they are a fun way to splash out and get funky ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!