Odds and ends

Not too much to report today. I went to yoga as usual. Did I mention that all my classes at this studio are FREE since I paid my tuition for yoga school? Yay! I go 5-6 times a week now. It would be 7 times a week but something always happens to eat up a day.

My yoga teacher brought up Katrina's devastation of New Orleans, but I think she was factually inaccurate. She talked about how she went to college there, how it's one of the most charming cities, and now it will be full of "toxins and cesspools." D assured me this will not happen. Anyway, it was a good class. She played some songs that were a wild mixture of techno and Hindu chanting. It reminded me a bit of the Bend it Like Beckham soundtrack, but without so many words.

In the elevator, a guy with some kind of accent (British? Australian?) held the door open for me and joked that it was the "[center's name] express." I smiled politely, but I was reeling inwardly at his shirt. It had pictures of blondes, brunettes and redheads, '50s pinup style, lounging around half-dressed (or not dressed at all, with their long hair strategically draped over their bodies). WHO WEARS A SHIRT LIKE THAT? I was glad to see everyone represented, but still.

I've decided to hold off on baking goodies for a while, unless I'm going to a LARGE party or something. I just can't resist them, especially the brownies I made recently (and posted the recipe for). Single serving desserts are much better for me. With that in mind, I bought a peanut butter cup cookie at Big Booty Bread Co. today. I think they know my order now. I wonder if I'll appear on their balance sheet at the end of the year - Bearette24, 300 cookies (I feel slightly nauseous thinking about it).

Anybody have good movies to recommend, that I can take out of the library? I used to love the movie Damage, but now that I am married and have a father-in-law, it would probably make me queasy. In college I thought it was quite yummy though. And morally inexcusable, of course :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Don't feel bad, Bearette. I bought an entire chocolate cake on the way home from work today, for no reason other than that I wanted a piece of cake. Now I must find a way to dispose of it so I don't consume 20,000 calories...

Movies... my husband and I have been into oldies lately. We recently rented The 7 Year Itch and Roman Holiday.
Bearette said…
When I lived with my mother, it was great because she ate all desserts, like, immediately :)

I've got Roman Holiday...love Audrey Hepburn. Maybe I'll check out The 7 Year Itch. Though Marilyn is just so giggly.
Bearette said…
Oh, and we're going to see Party Girl at an in-law gathering soon! I noticed it was one of your favorite movies.
Anonymous said…
I also find Dammage completely yummy (probably because I find both Juliette and Jeremy completely yummers) and Party Girl is a blast. Someone recently recommended "The Last Man" to me and I thought it was hysterical. Definately a good rental.
Bearette said…
Cool! What's The Last Man about?

I am so glad your mother adopted that doggy, by the way.
Anonymous said…
Yes, I can only take so much of Marilyn's breathiness. And dunking potato chips in champagne? I would never treat my bubbly that way.

It's amusing to take a glimpse at a very different time, though...
Bearette said…
It's funny, when I think of champagne and movies I always think of that Pretty Woman moment when Richard Gere tells Julia Roberts to have strawberries with her champagne. I've tried it and it didn't make a huge difference, but I love that moment for some reason.

I'm planning to watch When Harry Met Sally again soon in your honor ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!