Zuni

We had such a good dinner tonight. We went to this place Zuni. We stumbled upon it by accident, en route to another place. It was so delicious. D had a bowl of polenta with marscarpone cheese and I had a tomato, cucumber, and arugula salad with coriander vinaigrette for appetizers. We both got the same entree: pasta, squash blossoms, pine nuts, garlic and maybe parmesan too. It was so good. The pasta took a while because there were delays in the kitchen, so the waiter thanked us for our patience and gave us a free slice of chocolate cake (or gateau, as the menu called it) with whipped cream on top.

On the way home this big, lanky guy who was not in full control of his limbs asked us how to get to the Hilton. He said, "I was with my buddy but he wanted to get some weird-ass massage, so I was like, 'I'll see you at the hotel.'" He went on: "Have you seen some of those places? You want a massage, you don't get one at 2 am. You go during the day." He also held us back when traffic was approaching and then he said, "You guys are from New York, you're probably like, 'Why's this guy freaking out?' when this car's freakin' speedin' up at us." It turns out he was in town for a real estate conference. He's from Arizona.

I got a moment of intense deja vu when he asked us what we did and then we said goodbye and went to our hotels, which happen to face each other. I think I had dreamed of that whole part of the conversation before.

Oh, and today I got a pair of those elusive jeans. You know the one I mean. In a size that doesn't make you feel bad, and comfortable enough that they don't bite you around the waist when you sit down. And they look good too. They're those rare jeans that have a value beyond rubies. Yet they were about $24.99 on sale at Old Navy.

Now I'm going to head to the all-night gym on the 5th floor to work off this dinner :)

Comments

Lisa said…
I love those jeans. I covet those jeans.

I could really use a pair of those jeans right about now.
Anonymous said…
I wonder if Arizona real estate man was mistaken about the kind of massage his friend was getting at 2 a.m. ;-)
Michelle said…
i wish i could have spent more time in san fran. *sigh*

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!